Ingredients for 15 Lbs.
- 5 tablespoons coarse ground sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups of white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons smoked hot paprika
- 2 tablespoons smoked sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon annatto powder or achiote
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 5 1/2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oregano
- 3 tablespoons black coarse pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 12 lbs boned pork butts
- 3 lbs lean ground turkey
Grinding and Mixing:
In a medium mixing bowl, blend all the garlic herbs & spices with the water and vinegar and set it aside. Grind all the pork buts through a 3/8" grinding place into a large mixing tub. Mix in the ground turkey. Pour in all of seasonings and mix until all the ingredients are evenly distributed. Stuff into casings. Hang sausage on smoke-sticks or drying racks and let it dry overnight.