Like Fritos Corn Chips or Doritos Tortilla Chips? You'll love these!
- 2 cups corn flour - I use Maseca Masa de Maíz or Quaker Masa Harina de Maíz (tortilla mix)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- 6 ounces of finely grated cheese (Cheedar, Manchego, Monterrey Jack)
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Mix the corn flour and salt in large bowl. Gradually add the warm water and mix with your hands until all the flour is incorporated into a dense ball of masa.
- Add the cheese to bowl and knead it into the masa until it is well mixed.
- Pinch off a piece of masa about the size of a cherry and form rings by rolling the dough between the palms of your hands until it's a little more than a 1/4 inch in diameter and about 3" long (the width of your palm is a good measure).
- Place the rings on a cookie sheet and bake until a light golden brown, about 35 or 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and the bizcocho should be very crunchy.
For a fun and mildly spicy alternative, add 1/4 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper to the corn flour and salt. Then mix 1/2 teaspoon of Tabasco sauce into the warm water before you add it to the flour.