- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, egg and melted butter.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Gradually pour in the liquid, and mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
- Brown on both sides and serve hot.