- 12-ounce package of fresh cranberries
- 3 cups dried cranberries
- 2 large oranges (not navel)
- 1 cup of raw sugar (more or less to taste)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 ounces of Triple Sec, or other orange liquor
- 1 cup chopped pecan pieces
- Cut the oranges into eighths and remove the seeds. Do not remove the skin.
- Rinse the fresh cranberries and discard any bad berries
- Using a meat grinder on the coarsest setting, grind all the cranberries and oranges. If you don't have a meat grinder, you can use a food processor on the pulse mode just until the fruit is coarsely chopped. You don't want to turn it in a paste.
- Mix the fruit in a bowl, add ½ the sugar and all the remaining ingredients.
- Stir to blend and taste. If it is too tart, add more sugar to your liking.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Note: If you make this days in advance it may be a little dry when ready to serve. You can add about ¼ cup of orange juice, or cranberry juice, to moisten it before serving.