- 2 pounds tomatillos, husks removed & washed
- 6 Jalapeño peppers, or 3 Peruvian aji amarillo peppers
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 medium-large onion
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Peel the paper husks off the tomatillos and soak them for about 10 minutes in warm water to remove any sticky residue.
- Chop the onion in half, crush the garlic, and leave the chili peppers and tomatillos whole.
- Roast on a baking sheet in a 400°F oven for about 15 minutes, turning all halfway over through roasting time.
- Peel the garlic.
- Remove the chili pepper stems and seeds, and rough chop them.
- Peel and rough chop the onion.
- Place all the roasted ingredients into a food processor with the cilantro and salt. Pulse until all the ingredients are blended to your desired consistency.