- 4 medium size potatoes thinly sliced on a mandoline (1/8" thick). I used 2 white and 2 red potatoes with the skins.
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Manchego cheese
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400°F or 195°C
- Lightly coat a 9" square baking dish with cooking spray or oil
- Rinse and drain the potatoes
- Mix the 3 cheese together to thoroughly blend.
- Mix the cream and sour cream, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Lay 1/3 of the potatoes on the bottom of the dish, spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture evenly over the potatoes, followed by 1/3 of the cream mixture.
- Add 2 more layers of potatoes, cheeses and cream.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender.
Note: Be sure to shred your own cheese. It is best to not use pre grated cheese because these cheeses have fillers added to prevent clumping. Some people are allergic to these added ingredients.