|Hot from the oven!|
- 3 tablespoons (45 grams) melted butter
- 2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting the surface
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) sugar
- 1 250 ml carton of cold heavy cream (about 1¼ cups)
- 2 tablespoons of 7-Up, Sprite, Ginger Ale, or Club Soda
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a small pot or microwave dish, and set aside.
- Sift two cups flour, the baking powder, salt and sugar into a large bowl.
- Mix the soda beverage into the cold heavy cream.
- Gently fold the liquid into the flour working the dough as little as possible.
- Flour your work surface and turn the dough out onto the floured surface.
- Mound the dough into a ball and gently stretch it out using your hands.
- Press it to a thickness of about 3/4 inch.
- Cut into rounds about 2¼ inches in diameter without twisting the cutter, and place them on the baking sheet.
- Gather dough scraps and continue to make rounds.
- Generously brush the tops with the melted butter.
- Flash freeze them for later, or bake them for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. Serve immediately.
|Flash frozen biscuits ready for baking|
Makes 10-12 biscuits
If you are making these biscuits ahead of time, flash freeze them on the baking sheet and transfer them to a zip lock freezer bag until you need them. Add 3-5 minutes to the baking time when using frozen biscuits.
Post a Comment
Please leave your feedback and comments on recipes.