- 2 ¼ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¾ Cup Butter (softened)
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup Sourdough Discard
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 Cups of a Combination of Mix-ins
- (I use the following Mix-ins: 1 cup chocolate chips, ½ cup of coconut, ½ cup of rolled oats, 1 cup chopped pecans. You can use anything you like; craisins, walnuts, white chocolate chips, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Whisk dry ingredients together; flour, baking powder, salt, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream softened butter with brown and white sugar until light and fluffy. I use my stand mixer.
- Add egg, sourdough starter and vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture, and mix thoroughly.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients little by little until fully combined, being careful not to over mix or your cookies will be tough and rubbery.
- Add in your desired combination of mix-ins using a rubber spatula.
- Scoop out 1 ounce of dough mixture and roll into balls. The dough may be very soft, so sometimes it is easier to roll the dough balls if the bowl of dough is chilled for about 15 minutes first.
- Place the cookie dough balls on a prepared cookie sheet and bake for 24 minutes, be careful not to over bake and dry out cookies.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
Original recipe modified from www.makeitdough.com
Post a Comment
Please leave your feedback and comments on recipes.