- 1 boneless chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger chopped very fine
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger juice
- 1 teaspoon Sambal (Salsa Picante de Ajos)
- 1 teaspoon Kecap Manis (sweet soy sauce)
- Cook the chicken in a skillet for about 12 minutes, let it cool, shred it and set aside.
- Preparing the dressing (it's a coating, not a thick sauce)
- Mix the pickled ginger, pickled ginger juice, peanut butter, mayonnaise, sambal and kecap manis in a saucepan over low/medium heat. Add just enough hot water to thin the mixture to a syrupy dressing, not a thick sauce.
- Add the shredded chicken to the dressing and mix well.
- Let cool and serve with crackers.
- This is supposed to be a dressing, not a thick sauce.
- If you don't have Kecap Manis, this link will provide an easy recipe to make your own.
- You can always add, but you can't take it out, so start with a little less of each of the dressing ingredients and add more to adjust for your personal taste.
- The golden rule.... Taste, Taste, Taste!