- 4 medium-size potatoes thinly sliced on a mandoline (1/8" thick). I used 2 white and 2 red potatoes with the skins.
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Manchego cheese
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400°F or 195°C
- Lightly coat a 9" square baking dish with cooking spray or oil
- Rinse and drain the potatoes
- Mix the 3 cheese together to thoroughly blend.
- Mix the cream and sour cream, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Lay 1/3 of the potatoes on the bottom of the dish, spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture evenly over the potatoes, followed by 1/3 of the cream mixture.
- Add 2 more layers of potatoes, cheeses, and cream.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until the potatoes are fork-tender.
Note: Be sure to shred your own cheese. It is best to not use pre-grated cheeses because these cheeses have fillers like Cellulose Powder to prevent clumping and Natamycin as a mold inhibitor. Many people are allergic to these added ingredients.