- 250 grams (8 ounces) Linguine Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ kilo (1 pound) large shrimp (cleaned & deveined) (Note: You can use frozen shrimp in this recipe, but make sure it is completely thawed before cooking.)
- 1½ cups fresh spinach
- ¼ cup of fresh chopped basil
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Herb blend: (If you don't want to make your own, use a teaspoon of Italian seasoning)
- ¼ teaspoon fresh chopped oregano
- ¼ teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
- pinch of dried thyme
- pinch of dried tarragon
- pinch of dried marjoram
- pinch of ground fennel
- In a large pot cook the pasta in boiling water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Using the same pan, heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter. Using medium-low heat, add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant. Watch it closely because garlic can burn quickly.
- Add the shrimp and salt and pepper to taste. Cook just until the shrimp start to turn pink. Add all the herbs and spinach and cook until the spinach and basil are wilted.
- Add the pasta back to the pot with the remaining butter and parmesan. Gently toss the pasta until the butter is melted.
- Add the lemon juice before serving and serve hot.
We find this the perfect meal for two, but it can easily be scaled up for a crowd. ¡Buen Provecho!
Post a Comment
Please leave your feedback and comments on recipes.