Sunday, September 18, 2016
Cheesy Mashed Potato Muffins
• 4 cups of leftover mashed potatoes
• 1¼ cup of grated cheese divided (I like to use a mix of cheddar, jack & mozzarella)
• ¼ cup of thinly sliced scallions
• 1 large clove of garlic, finely minced
• ½ tsp dried parsley
• 1 large egg (If the mixture is too thin, add an extra egg)
• Salt and Pepper to taste.
• Optional - ½ cup of minced bacon or ham
• Preheat oven to 350°F. and generously grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
• Mix one cup of the grated cheese with all the other ingredients.
• Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cups, and pack the potatoes down with a spoon.
• Bake the muffins for 35 minutes until the potatoes start to crisp around the edges.
• Take the muffins out of the oven and top them with the remaining cheese.
• Return the muffins to the oven for an additional 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
• Remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes to make them easier to transfer to a serving dish.
This is an absolutely delicious Costa Rican staple that used to be served at every evening meal. Now it is served anytime. You will find i...
When I first lived in Costa Rica almost 40 years ago every home and restaurant used a "Chorreador de Café" to make the best tastin...
"Bizcochos" or "Rosquillas de Queso", a traditional Costa Rica snack food, are corn meal cheese rings. Usually, bizcoch...
(español, ver mas abajo) Costa Rican Chorreadas are quick and easy to make, especially if you have lots of fresh corn on hand. There are ...
John has really enjoyed "platano maduro" and the many ways it can be served. This simple recipe has become one of his favorites f...
This week we tried something we'd never done before, we brined a fresh ham and cooked it outdoors, in our wood fired stone oven. All I ...
Many years ago I was served “Pumpkin Soup” while on vacation in Jamaica. I have never forgotten the wonderful party in my mouth with the inc...
Ingredients: 2 ripe plantains (platano maduro) Note: The skin will be almost black. 1 tablespoon butter or margarine 1 cup milk 2 tables...
This past month we spent a week in Texas visiting friends and family. The friends we stayed with offered us some of the new Flour & Co...
Every now and then I miss some of the great Tex-Mex food we enjoyed in Houston. Finding canned enchilada sauce here in Costa Rica has p...