1 cup cilantro lime pesto sauce (click here for my pesto recipe)
4 skinless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon spicy seasoning salt (click here for my seasoning salt recipe)
1 16-oz package of whole wheat bow tie pesto
1 cup frozen white corn
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
1 cup fresh pico de gallo (click here for my pico de gallo recipe)
- Make the pico de gallo and chill until ready to serve.
- Make the lime pesto sauce, cover and leave it at room temperature.
- Season the chicken with a spicy seasoning salt, cover and store it in the refrigerator until ready to grill.
- Using medium-high heat, heat the olive oil and then saute the corn until lightly toasted. Add the black beans to the skillet, cover and turn off the heat.
- Bring salted water to cook the pasta to a boil in a large pot and heat the grill to cook the chicken to medium-high (I use a panini grill)
- Cook the whole wheat bow tie pasta "al dente". While the pasta is cooking, grill the chicken.
- Drain the pasta, return it to the pot and gently toss the pasta with the pesto sauce.
- When the chicken is thoroughly cooked, slice each breast on an angle. You should get about 8 slices per breast.
Layer a plate with a serving of pasta, 3 tablespoons of the sauteed corn & black beans, 4 slices of chicken and top it with the chilled pico de gallo.
Yield: 8 servings